Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Invaders! (Not actually a dream, more a question about dreams)

I know this is breaking the rules, but in general, does anyone else find their dreams frequently invaded by people you'd rather not think about?

I go through these spells, these dreams are my nightmares I suppose. Their is a stock group of people that are involved but the events are different enough. Sometimes they end up pointing out my mistakes or they want to make up or (and these are the worst!) they are simply a part of my life like they used to be, but usually it leaves me feeling awful.

Maybe I should consult a psychologist, but I'm guessing this has something to do with subconscious, stuff I'm not dealing with when I'm awake, etc. But it's not a surprise or anything, I always know what they mean or why they're in the dream. I mean, it's people I have/am dealing with, so I don't think it qualifies (technically) as supression...Anyone know what I'm going through?

(As an aside, this isn't always a bad thing. For instance, there's this guy I used to work with on the boats, Kenny, who I'm pretty sure I'll never talk to again, that plays brilliant roles in many many dreams I have, and there are others like him.)

2 comments:

wholegrain said...

I understand. I have things that are recurring, sometimes people sometimes places or scenery or dialogue that has become a staple for me. I dream about people I haven't dealt with once in a while but not too often. Like that Sean guy from high school who got seduced by the principal in my dream, I haven't seen or thought about him in like 7 years. Is what you are doing weirder than having endless fields of mud in 50% of your dreams at some point. I feel like that is very weird. Also, can you find someone who can interpret dreams up there in Chicago and invite them in here?

Jake Sikora said...

you'd think in the big city there'd be people fit for interpretting dreams...let me peek around and see...endless fields of mud are pretty weird, but are they terrifying? i know for me it would be, i have this really bad thing about mud...i once drove all night from cornerstone fest back home (about 9 hours) because I fell in this mud and couldn't take it anymore. It was the first day of a 5 or 6 day trip.